"Herbal Encyclopedia" is a VedaPulse software module, which allows a specialist to form a personalized herbal composition for the client after a 5-7 minute assessment of the heart rhythm. It is based on mathematical algorithms that take into account the canonical description of herbs from a position of Dravyaguna in Ayurvedic practice, Materia Medica in Chinese herbology and healing properties of herbs from a position of clinical western herbal medicine and naturopathy.
Designed for a specialist to create a personalized herbal composition for a client based on the analysis of constitutional compliance, as well as on the impact strength and vector.
A multi-level interactive guide, which allows a specialist to specify some healing properties of a selected herb in herbal composition, based on analysis of classification adopted in Ayurveda, Traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) and Western clinical herbology.
Ultimately new smart algorithm for the creation of personified herbal composition, based on the step-by-step instructions for a specialist.
• Allows forming an individual herbal composition based on the assessment of the client's adaptive resource level by means of the instrumental pulse analysis.
• Ranks herbs by the strength of influence on a client.
• Creates a mathematical model of an herb based on the canonical description of its properties (Rasa, Guna, Virya, Vipak, Karma, Dhatu, Dosha, Roga, Meridians, TCM syndromes).
• Assigns the “legend-marker” to herbs, which is affixed individually for each client and encoded in the legend of manual formation of the herbal composition by a specialist.
• Conducts comparative heuristic analysis of herbs with the physiological parameters of the client on the basis of an objective assessment of heart rate to form an individual "herbal traffic light", i.e. three conceptual lists of herbs (red, yellow, green), which are used for the herbal formula composition.
• Additionally filters plants on the nosological principle, allows the specialist to take into account both constitutional and plant properties for pathogenetic therapy of diseases to adjust the herbal composition due to the existing chronic pathology of the client.
• Separates plants to different lists according to the various traditional systems - Ayurveda, TCM, Western herbal medicine.
• Compiles a classic description of the use for different medicinal plants forms (powder, infusion, decoction, etc.), which can be edited by a specialist according to a specific situation.
• Allows creating a set of templates for various diseases to simplify the compilation of the herbal composition.
• Creates a report with a detailed description of the herbal composition and method of application which can be printed or sent by e-mail to the client.
• The main work area of this module section is the so-called "herbal traffic light", which distributes herbs between three tabs learn more
• Inside the three tabs, herbs are also labeled with the color marker, which reflects one of the four classification properties learn more
• The possibility to assess the effect of the whole herbal composition on physiological processes and Dosha Balance
• The Dosha Balance graph reflects the forces of influence of the herbal composition on individual doshas, in the form of arrows of efficacy, increase and decrease, where three arrows mean a potent herbal composition, two are moderately acting, one is weak, no arrow means a neutral effect.
• The scale of the herbal composition usefulness index is available, where the total usefulness is presented in the range from -10 to 10. Learn more
• The variants of the herbal composition affects are described in text format taking into account the current person's constitution and reflect possible effects on the body. It is necessary to clarify that the individual characteristics of a person, existing diseases, and their sensitivity to the components of medicinal plants should be taken into account.
*A graphic visualization of the effect of a herbal composition on the Dosha balance, index of the usefulness of the herbal composition and text content will be available only in the presence of the Constitution software module.
• gives an Ayurvedic description of herbs based on the analysis of canonical sources in Dravyaguna (Nighantu) and the expert recommendations of the AYUSH Ministry;
• describes properties of healing herb learn more
• forms a list of herbs in alphabetical order, with the inheritance of selected herbs in "Herbal rating" section at the top of the list. It helps to speed up analysis of herbs' Ayurvedic properties, while also preserving the legend and the quantitative rating;
• allows to do the search by the filtering the desired herb according to its Ayurvedic properties (Rasa, Guna, Virya, Dhatu);
• The herb is verified by a widespread name, botanical name (Latin), Sanskrit name (and names in other languages accepted in Ayurveda).
• Following canonical authentic texts were used in the development: Yao Хin Lun – Reasoning about the properties of medicines; Ming I Bie Lun – Specific notes of famous physicians; Ben Cao Tu Jing - Illustrated Canon of herbology; Ben Cao Gang Mu – The entire and the details of herbology; Shen-Nong Ben Cao Jing – Canon of herbology by the sacred farmer; Xin Xiu Ben Cao – Newly compiled book on herbology; and others.
• Describes the properties of the medicinal plant. learn more
• Generates a list of herbs in alphabetical order with the inheritance of the selected plants in the "Herbal rating" at the top of the list, to accelerate their analysis of TCM properties, while also maintaining the legend and quantitative rating.
• It allows searching for the desired herb with the filtration by the main TCM syndromes. learn more
• Search the desired herb by filtering its type of action from the position of TCM. learn more
• It allows searching for the desired herb by applying the filter for one of more than 150 organ syndromes in TCM.
• Herbs are verified by the common name, botanical (Latin) name, Chinese name.
• Generates a detailed botanical description of the herb. Botanical description includes Latin name and family, description of the parts of the herb, time of ripening/flowering and harvesting, vegetation areas, part of the herb to be used;
• Generates a list of herbs in alphabetical order with the inheritance of the selected herbs in the "Herbal rating" at the top of the list to speed up the analysis of their botanical properties, while also maintaining the legend and quantitative rating;
• Allows for a quick search of an herb by botanical name, synonymous name,
• Forms a detailed description of the medicinal properties of the herb based on the analysis of the latest scientific data in the field of phytopharmacology;
• Focuses the attention of a specialist on diseases, in which the effect of this herb is proven;
• Describes the pharmacological ingredients contained in the herb;
• Allows searching for the necessary medicinal properties according to phytotherapeutic description of the herb;
• Keeps the herbs, selected in the “Herbal rating” in alphabetical order, for a quick analysis of their medicinal properties from the clinical phytotherapy point of view;
• Describes detailed contraindications for the herb;
• Saves both legend and quantitative rating of herbs in the alphabetical order;
• Allows multiple selection of herbs according to more than 90 pharmacological properties.
It is possible to search for the necessary herb according to all descriptive categories adopted in different traditions. It is important to note that the heuristic algorithm of the module works on the principle of multiparametric criteria analysis, filtering the herbs across all three lists. There are several adaptive levels, on which the processes of the client’s physiological regulation can be maintained. Each level has its own requirements for the properties of herbs.
"Herbal Encyclopedia" is designed for all professionals, who use methods of traditional medicine in their practice and consult on a healthy lifestyle.